Sunday, June 12, 2011

VitaminWater Challenge: May 2011

I was asked to join four other AI students to participate in the VitaminWater Challenge contest in May 2011.  We were to design a look inspired by a flavor of VitaminWater and to present the look in the first part if the Mercury Fashion Show along with 5 seasoned designers including Seth Aaron, winner of Project Runway, who was also showcasing a VitaminWater piece.  My best friend Rachael won the $1000 prize for her paper-bag waist pants with a graphic pink pinstripe and silk chiffon top with charmeuse front panel!!  It was a great experience and I am so happy that I was asked to participate in the contest and got to have a real look at the overall production of a fashion show!!

- Taylor

Drew and I after the show

My parents

Rachael and I with our backstage passes

My Mom and Seth Aaron

Me, Tiffany, Trinh, Rachael and Jace: The AI design team!

Tabata wearing my designs!

My flavor inspiration: VitaminWater XXX

The motorcycle jacket is made of wool.  On the shoulders and back there is some hand woven details and silk piping.

The dress is a made of jersey

Here are the 5 AI designers' models backstage before the show

On the RUNWAY!!




No comments:

Post a Comment